Sunday, October 11, 2009

Relaxing on Sunday...



Race for the Cure was amazing yesterday. There was a HUGE turnout. I knew it would be a sight to see, but it was so overwhelming and wonderful. There were so many survivors who were there. What a joy to be a part of something that is so much bigger than myself. Our group has pictures...I'll post them when I get them.



Second, I want to share something that was in the sermon this morning. It is an amazing story about a man named Nicholas Winton. This is the link to his story: http://www.powerofgood.net/

The thought for my day and week comes from him:


Do not be content in your life just to do no wrong. Be prepared to do something good every day.
--Nicholas Winton


Here a a few pics of what I've been working on. The green scarf is my first ever attempt at cabling. I LOVE it! The second is a scarf I started in a pattern called divided boxes. It is super easy and it is a nice effect, even with the chunky yarn I like.




Until next time...

No comments: